Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 21

Thread: Historical you wish were made

  1. #11
    Inactive Member cowgirlsue's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 13th, 2006
    Posts
    391
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Originally posted by happyAGmommykatie:
    I'd also be very interested in a historical doll/story centered around the Lousiana territory/ city of New Orleans when the Lousiana purchase occurred.
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Ditto. Actually, two dolls. I'd like to see a doll representing a free Creole of Color/Mixed Race from the period between 1803 (when the United States took possession of Louisiana) and 1820 (when attitudes and laws toward Creoles of Color really began to change for the worst). I'd also like to see a doll representing a White/French Creole (Caveat: these are today's terms, not historically correct). Fashions would be interchangable as with the current friend doll pairs, but the books could really focus on the differences in the girls' lives because of their cultures and the attitudes of the times. The girls could be friends (somewhat improbable but not impossible) and the contrast between their experiences would be fabulous reading.

    And...I'd love to see Mattel set up a fund for sharing profits from the sales of such dolls and earmark a portion of them for educational charities in New Orleans in the aftermath of Katrina.

    <font color="#33CCCC" size="1">[ November 22, 2006 10:53 PM: Message edited by: EleanorofAquitane ]</font>

  2. #12
    Inactive Member DScully717's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 18th, 2006
    Posts
    225
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I would love to see a doll from the early 19th century -- around the War of 1812. It'd be fascinating to see what life was like in the fledgling United States -- plus, I love the fashion from back then!

  3. #13
    Inactive Member Bean Bunny's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 13th, 2006
    Posts
    465
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I really want an Asian historical doll. It'd be neat if she was from the 1800s and her father worked on the railroads, but anything AG tosses to me is fine.

    (It'd be REALLY neat if they made her a 60s doll...)

  4. #14
    Dancingfewl423
    Guest Dancingfewl423's Avatar

    Post

    An oregon trail girl with her own wagon and a harlem renaissance girl with her own saxaphone!

  5. #15
    Inactive Member heidiabigail's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 7th, 2005
    Posts
    688
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I still want my northeastern lighthouse/coastal girl from the 1880s. I want her to look like me- Light skin, blue eyes, freckles, traditional face mold, long wavy strawberry blonde hair, no bangs. Her father can be either a fisherman or a lighthouse keeper . . .just think of the adventures! She could live up here in Maine, or live in Mass maybe. I dream about her. She prefers to run around barefoot . . homeschools . . .

  6. #16
    Inactive Member Katie from IL's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 5th, 2005
    Posts
    952
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I want to see a 1960s doll and a Jewish immigrant doll

  7. #17
    Inactive Member ColonialGirl's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 31st, 2005
    Posts
    226
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Originally posted by simplepretty:
    I still want my northeastern lighthouse/coastal girl from the 1880s. I want her to look like me- Light skin, blue eyes, freckles, traditional face mold, long wavy strawberry blonde hair, no bangs. Her father can be either a fisherman or a lighthouse keeper . . .just think of the adventures! She could live up here in Maine, or live in Mass maybe. I dream about her. She prefers to run around barefoot . . homeschools . . .
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I remember the first time you posted about that doll. I've thought about her ever since! I love her descriptiona and her story. I'd snap her right up!

  8. #18
    Inactive Member Sakurako's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 29th, 2004
    Posts
    648
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I would love a girl who lived in a down East lighthouse, too. Puppychurro, did you ever read The Island Boy by Barbara Cooney? You might like it!

    My grandmother was born in Boston in 1902 and Marcella Gruelle was born the same year. So I think it would be interesting to have a girl from 1912. When Marcella was young she lived with Johnny Gruelle and his wife in an artist's colony in Connecticut near Norwalk. I think she would have had a fascinating life if she hadn't died. I would like to make a doll who could be sort of a combination of my grandmother as a little girl and Marcella, set in New England in an artist's colony. Or maybe her family lives in Boston during the winter and the artist colony in the summer. WWI was going on at that time, too, which would be interesting to bring into the story.

  9. #19
    Inactive Member Skywalking's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 5th, 2005
    Posts
    57
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    The historical I've been dreaming of is an Alaskan Gold Rush girl, half white and half native. Her adventures would involve dealing with the changes when more settlers come into the land to search for gold, and I can see a Mountie character fitting into it somewhat. Accesories would include a mini gold mining set and she would have clothes to represent both sides of her heritage, and of course, a Husky and historically accurate dogsled.

  10. #20
    Inactive Member Dancing_Queen's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 8th, 2006
    Posts
    384
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I would love to see a 1980's doll with jelly shoes, slap bracelets and cut off the soldier sweatshirts! How cute! She would have wavy brown hair with redish hilights and green/blue eyes.

    I think a Japanese doll with sushi and chopsticks and a kimono would be so pretty. She woulde have long silky black hair and hazel eyes.

    I also like the idea of Rebekah, so cute!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •